Friday, August 7, 2015

Married?!

WE'RE MARRIED.

I could sit here and relive every precious moment for you. I could tell you about the chilly morning coffee around a campfire, describe Uncle Howard's sent-from-heaven breakfast tacos with dear family and friends, or share the warmth from the endless supply of the hugs and laughs and support. I want to tell you about the colors of the mountains, their jagged edges, their impossible grace and simultaneous grandeur, or the how amazing it feels to have nearly ninety of your biggest supporters watching you make the biggest commitment you will ever make, to feel their hopes and praise and love while never taking your eyes off the man you love. And the company. The family and friends that traveled hundreds and thousands of miles to share these moments with us, that canceled work and rescheduled plans, that put their own life on hold to watch us read our teary vows, to share a dance or a drink or a laugh - those folks made everything magical.

I want to tell you everything. I want to tell you about the endless hugs from my many cousins' amazing kids (we'll be calling you all for parenting lessons in a few years!), the rush of the whitewater, or a thrill just from sharing an evening with family at the top of the gondola. I wish I could describe the closeness you feel with a horse when you've traveled to the peak of a mountain on its back, or the overwhelming feeling of seeing a moose in the wild. I want to tell you about our family and our friends and how kind and generous and supportive they were not only to us but to each other. I want to tell you everything, but I will spare you (many more house details to share!). This is what all you need to know:

I've always been a big believer in imperfection. I been a supporter of the underdog, the curator of oddities, praiser of the things which make us both unique and undeniably human.

But our wedding? It was PERFECT.

And now, I extend the most enormous THANK YOU to everyone that celebrated with us either in person or in spirit. Love is an amazing thing. We're lucky we have each other, but we're only who we are because of the places we've come from. To the amazing family and friends that show us what love means every day. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Wooooohoooooo! I'm so not going to get used to us not sharing the same last name anymore bubba!

    ReplyDelete